PMI-DVC Industry Forum Panel Discussion
PMI-DVC Industry Forum Panel Discussion - Projects Powered by Artificial Intelligence
When: Thursday, February 2, 2023, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Where: via Zoom
Credit: 1.5 PDUs, Educational/Business Acumen
Registration fee: Complimentary
Event Description: Projects powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the topic of this Industry Panel Discussion. We will explore the effect of AI on project management from two sides: using AI as a tool to manage projects and what aspects should be considered in managing a project with an AI deliverable.
AI and Machine Learning are enhancing capabilities in many areas of our personal and professional lives and there are increasing opportunities to add more value for our society. Consciously or unconsciously most of us interact with some form of AI on a daily basis. From health care diagnostics, consumer experience enabled by Alexa and Echo, to self-driving vehicles and facial recognition systems, AI is transforming how work is done.
This panel discussion will explore how AI and Machine Learning powered tools can assist with some of the repetitive aspects of project management, freeing up the PM to focus on risk management, relationship building, project governance and other collaborative activities.
On the other side of the project management coin, we will also explore aspects of leading a project involving an AI product. We will discuss topics such as unique considerations and decisions arising in managing an AI project as well as the utilization in regulated industries, like the financial sector.
Attendees will gain strategic insights about using AI and Machine Learning tools for projects and project management.
- 6:30 – 6:45 pm networking
- 6:45 - 7:45 pm panel discussion
- 7:45 – 8:00 pm networking
- Dave Lapioli currently leads projects at AML RightSource, where artificial intelligence technology is leveraged to fight financial crime. Before AMLRS, Dave held delivery and engineering positions in the aerospace, financial services, and health insurance industries. He graduated from the Pennsylvania State University with BS and MS degrees in Aerospace Engineering, and went on to study finance with an MBA from Saint Joseph’s University.
- Kurt Foehl has spent the last 20+ years of his career focused on helping enterprises improve the way in which they manage projects, programs, portfolios and transformations. Having spent the majority of his time providing consulting services in these areas, he has recently joined Sembly AI as EVP to help large, enterprise teams to leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning to enable improved performance.
Event Host: Christine P. Pustolski BS, MSE, PMP, ITIL v3 Expert. Chris has over 20 years’ experience as a project manager including a significant focus in the cybersecurity domain. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from St. Joseph's University and her Master of Science in Engineering degree from the University of Pennsylvania. She received her PMP in 2011 and has been a volunteer with PMI-DVC in various capacities since 2016.
Moderator: Dave Wolf, MBA, PMP. Dave has been a member of the PMI-DVC since 2007. He earnedan MBA from LaSalle University in 2003. He has been a certified PMP since 12/9/2008. He is currently a volunteer on the PMI-DVC Corporate Partnership and Sponsorship Committee. He has an extensive background in the Health Care industry performing in the roles of a Project Manager, Program Manager a Director of a Project Management Office. He currently performing in the role of Director of Medicare Sales Operations for a local Philadelphia Health Plan.
It is no longer possible to register for this event