Friday, May 11, 2018, 08:00am - 05:00pm
Hits : 2196
Using Building Blocks to Ensure Successful PMOs!
When: Friday, May 11, 2018, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Where: Springfield Country Club, Springfield, PA
Credit: 8 Strategic PDUs
Please join us for a PMI Delaware Valley Chapter Professional Development Day
Whether your organization has a PMO or is contemplating creating one, this course offers key principles that will help establish and mature a PMO. An incremental approach will be presented that provides PMO leadership and members with a methodology using "Building Blocks" for managing changes needed to build and improve your PMO and successfully align to the organization's strategy.
This seminar uses a 'hands-on' approach to complete an individualized roadmap for immediate use in their own PMO. You will be provided with the tools to determine which aspects of project, program and/or portfolio management will be most appropriate for your organizations, and the extent to which they should be implemented. Participants will evaluate their organization's culture and maturity to determine the specific PMO functions needed, and the level of rigor and sequence for implementation.
Who should attend?
This presentation is appropriate for business professionals at all levels who lead or participate in projects. We will look at PMO's risks from both perspectives of leading and managing the efforts and being the person responsible for actually dealing with the risks themselves.
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Effectively identify the current state of their PMO
- Utilize an iterative approach to selecting and prioritizing the appropriate PMO Building Blocks to establish or improve the PMO results in their specific organization
- The concept of PMO Building Blocks
- Types of PMOs, Issues and Challenges
- PMO Building Blocks Overview
- Defining the Current State
- Current Research of PMOs
- Organizational Issues that Affect PMOs and their success
- Creating a Current State Definition for your PMO
- Project Management Building Blocks
- Explore the major types of Project Management Building Blocks
- Identify the Project Management Building Blocks that are appropriate for your specific organization
- Tailor the possible Project Management Building Blocks to ensure a good fit to your specific organization
- Where Do I Start?
- Analyze the Building Blocks that you have identified as appropriate for your specific organization
- Determine if any additional PMO Building Blocks are needed
- Develop and utilize organization-specific criteria to prioritize the PMO Building Blocks, and align to your organization's goals
- Develop a PMO Building Blocks implementation roadmap to guide your PMO improvements
*Registration fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, full day presentation, The PMOSIG Program Management Office Handbook, and session workbook will be distributed to all attendees.
||thru May 8
||thru May 10
Springfield Country Club
400 W. Sproul Road
Springfield, PA 19064
7:30 am - 8:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Business Session
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Business Session