Studying for the PMI PMP or CAPM certification exams can be a daunting task, one that is not easily undertaken as a solo participant.
Studying with others offers a supportive and encouraging study experience where PMI certification candidates can support each other to prepare more thoroughly and efficiently.
The PMI-DVC CAPM and PMP Study Group Program is free of charge and provides chapter members an opportunity to work with other chapter members to enhance their ability to pass PMI PMP and CAPM certification exams. A PMI certification mentor will be assigned to each study group to give advice on how the test is administered, how to study, what materials to use, and facilitate the planning and logistics for the group. Take advantage of this free offer from the Professional Growth Committee of PMI-DVC to help you pass your PMI exam the first time!
Study Group Requirements
- Be a member in good standing of the PMI-DVC chapter. Click here for more information https://pmi-dvc.org/membership
- Complete the application through the certifications/process website.
- Be willing to commit to the study schedule defined by the group (including in-person and/or virtual sessions)
- Actively contribute while in the group.
- Be willing to schedule your exam 30 days after the study group ends.
Notes: The PMI Study Groups are designed for PMI certification candidates who already have fulfilled the educational and experience qualifications of their desired PMI credential (click here for detailed information on PMI credentials. The typical study process is designed to take place over a 12-week period. A PMP study group does not qualify as "contact hours" for the PMP educational requirement.
For more information on PMI study groups, please contact Bob Cochran, VP of Education at rcochran