Studying for the PMI PMP or CAPM certification examinations can be a daunting task, one that is not easily undertaken as a solo participant.
Studying with others offers a supportive and encouraging study experience where PMI certification candidates can support each other to prepare more thoroughly and efficiently.
The PMI-DVC CAPM and PMP Study Group Program is free of charge to PMI-DVC Chapter members as well as to any students who take the Chapter’s PMP and CAPM Exam Prep Courses and provides them with an opportunity to work with other chapter members and qualified instructors to enhance their ability to pass PMI’s PMP and CAPM certification exams. A PMI certification mentor will be assigned to each study group to give advice on how the test is administered, how to study, what materials to use, and facilitate the planning and logistics for the group. Take advantage of this free offer from PMI-DVC to help you pass your PMI exam the first time!
Study Group Requirements
- Be a member in good standing of the PMI-DVC chapter. Visit https://pmi-dvc.org/membership/how-to-join for more information.
- Complete the application through the certifications/process website.
- Be willing to commit to the study schedule defined by the group (including in-person and/or virtual sessions)
- Actively contribute while in the group.
- Be willing to schedule your exam 30 days after the study group ends.
Notes: The PMI-DVC Study Groups are designed for PMI certification candidates who already have fulfilled the educational and experience qualifications of their desired PMI credential Exam (CAPM or PMP). The typical study process is designed to take place over a 12-week period. A PMP study group does not qualify as "contact hours" for the PMP educational requirement.