Welcome to the PMI-Delaware Valley Chapter!
Greetings PMI-DVC members,
It was an honor and privilege to serve as your President in 2021 and I am looking forward to serving you again in 2022. I want to thank the 2021 Board, our volunteers, and the members of the chapter for all that we accomplished in 2021.
Our 2021 accomplishments included:
- Improving communication with you by launching a monthly newsletter that has proven to be a hit among our members.
- Doubling the number of Chapter meetings in 2021 vs. 2020 to give you more opportunities to earn PDU’s.
- Introducing a Mentoring Program to provide members with career advice and support.
- Offering meeting topics based on your feedback to our post-meeting surveys.
- Moving to virtual chapter meetings that enabled us to offer our members opportunities to earn PDU’s for little or no cost.
- Adding Agile Open House events that are among the best attended of all of our events.
- Opportunities to earn Disciplined Agile certifications.
- Adding more job opportunities to our Job Board.
- Using PMI’s Guest Pass Program to bring in PMI members who were not Chapter members.
- Hosting a panel discussion on “The Cloud Intersection with Project Management”.
- Creating networking opportunities using zoom breakout rooms.
- Partnering with youth educational and other organizations to create meaningful and impactful volunteer opportunities to serve our communities.
Our primary goals for 2022 are to increase communication and interaction with all of you, to provide you with programs and education opportunities that meet your professional needs, and to give back to our community. Specifically, our plans for 2022 include:
- Improving our website to make it easier for you to get the information you are looking for.
- Increasing the number of PDD’s from 2 to 4.
- Investing in education programs to help you maintain your certifications with discounted offerings for Chapter members as well as options at little or no cost.
- Hosting a Volunteer Appreciation event later this year.
- Hosting a Certification Night event later this year.
- Introducing “Breakfast with the President” and “Lunch with a Board Member” events to give you direct access to Board members.
- Hosting two panel discussions this year on topics of interest to you.
- Improving the newsletter to include more information helpful to you and adding more photos as well as videos.
- Continuing to partner with youth educational and other organizations to create meaningful and impactful volunteer opportunities to serve our communities.
A recent survey of our members suggests that we are likely to continue virtual events for the remainder of 2022, while also looking for an opportunity or two to host hybrid meetings (in-person + virtual) later in the year, doing so under the direction and guidance of public health officials.
If you have an idea for improving our service and communication to you, please feel free to reach out to me here.
The Board and I are looking forward to continuing to meet your needs in 2022!
Robert C. Cochran (Bob)